Sound Troubleshooting–Headphones and Earphones
Having trouble with your audio? Find answers here:
VOLUME TOO HIGH
Turn the source volume down. Yes, it’s really that easy.
MICROPHONE NOT PICKING UP SOUND
- Make sure the headset plug is securely connected and that the socket is clean and clear
- Check that the microphone—located on the back of the remote—isn’t blocked or covered
- Make sure the straight-end of the plug is connected to the headphones and the angled L-shaped plug is connected to the audio source
PHONE NOT RESPONDING TO BUTTON PRESSES
Check the headset plug to ensure that it is securely connected. For multi-press functions, vary the speed of presses when using the remote/mic.
SNAPPING, CRACKLING, POPPING—DISTORTED SOUND
- Make sure the 3.5mm audio jack is fully plugged in with the L-shaped input connected to the audio source.
- Check that your audio source is on and working correctly.
- If your audio source is a computer or laptop, try adjusting the configuration settings so that it works with your Beats.
- If problems persist, try a different audio source and an alternate cable.
Remember to install the latest software updates on your device. The inline remote/mic may have limited functionality with devices that don’t run iOS.