Set up and use your Powerbeats3 Wireless earphones
Here's everything you need to know to make the most of your Powerbeats3 Wireless earphones.
If the indicator light on your earphones turns on but doesn't flash, your earphones have already been set up with a device. In that case, follow the steps to connect to a different device.
If you have an iPhone with iOS 10, follow these steps. When you set up your earphones in this way, they set up automatically with your other devices that are signed into iCloud and using iOS 10, macOS Sierra or watchOS 3.
- Hold your earphones next to your unlocked iPhone.
- Press the power button on your earphones for 1 second.
- After a few seconds, your iPhone asks you to connect. If it doesn't, press the power button on your earphones for 5 seconds.
- Follow the instructions on your iPhone.
If you have another Bluetooth device, follow these steps to pair your earphones with that device:
Connect to a different device
Your earphones automatically reconnect to the last device you used with them. To connect to a different device, follow these steps.
iPhone, iPad or iPod using iOS 10:
- Open the control centre by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Swipe to the side in the control centre to show the Now Playing card.
- Tap the device name in the corner of the card, then choose your earphones from the list of playback devices. If you don't see your earphones, follow the steps for all other devices, below.
All other devices:
Plug your earphones into a power source using the micro USB cable that's included. Your earphones provide up to 12 hours of playback from a full charge, and up to 1 hour of playback from a 5-minute charge.
When your earphones are turned on and set up, the LED indicator light on the left earphone shows how much listening time is left:
To control audio playback, use the centre button on the RemoteTalk cable:
- Press once to play or pause audio playback.
- Press twice to skip to the next track. Press three times to skip backwards.
- Press twice and hold on the second press to scan forwards through a track. Press three times and hold on the third press to scan backwards through a track.
To control playback volume, use the volume buttons on the RemoteTalk cable. To control call volume, use the volume controls on your phone.
- Press and release the volume up button, or press and hold to increase volume continuously.
- Press and release the volume down button, or press and hold to decrease volume continuously.
To control phone calls, use the centre button on the RemoteTalk cable:
- Press once to answer or end a call.
- Press once to answer a second incoming call and put the first call on hold. When two calls are active, this switches between calls.
- Press and hold for 1 second to reject an incoming call.
- Press twice to stop listening through your earphones and send the call to the phone.
Your earphones are automatically kept up to date when they're set up with an iPhone using iOS 10.