Having trouble with your audio? Most issues can be resolved easily with troubleshooting.
LOSS OF AUDIO ON ONE SIDE OR DISTORTED SOUND
If you’re experiencing snapping, crackling, popping, or no audio on one side, try this:
- Make sure the 3.5mm audio jack is fully plugged in.
- The L-shaped input connects to your audio device.
- The straight input must be completely inserted into your headset.
- Check that your audio source is on and working.
- If your audio source is a computer or laptop, try adjusting the configuration settings.
- If problems persist, try a different audio source or an alternate cable.
VOLUME TOO HIGH
Turn the source volume down. Yes, it’s really that easy.
PHONE NOT RESPONDING TO BUTTON PRESSES
Check the headset plug to ensure that it is securely connected. For multi-press functions, vary the speed of presses when using the remote/mic.
Remember to install the latest software updates on your device. The inline remote/mic may have limited functionality with devices that don’t run iOS.
MICROPHONE NOT PICKING UP SOUND
- Make sure the headset plug is securely connected and that the socket is clean and clear
- Check that the microphone—located on the back of the remote—isn’t blocked or covered
- Make sure the straight-end of the plug is connected to the headphones and the angled L-shaped plug is connected to the audio source
If your issue isn’t listed, or these troubleshooting tips didn’t help, please call Beats Consumer Support to speak with an agent.