Sound troubleshooting–headphones and earphones
Having trouble with your audio? Find answers here.
Snapping, crackling, popping, or no audio on one side
- Make sure the 3.5 mm audio jack is fully plugged in. The straight input connects to your headset, and the L-shaped input connects to your audio device.
- Check that your audio source is on and working.
- If your audio source is a computer or laptop, try adjusting the configuration settings.
- If you still hear distorted sound, try a different audio source and an alternate cable.
Phone not responding to button presses
Make sure that the headset plug is securely connected. For multi-press functions, vary the speed of presses when you use the remote/mic.
Microphone does not pick up sound
- Make sure that the headset plug is securely connected and that the socket is clean and clear.
- Check that the microphone—located on the back of the remote—isn’t blocked or covered.
- Make sure the straight-end of the plug is connected to the headphones and the angled L-shaped plug is connected to the audio source.
- If you're using your Beats with a computer, make sure that your computer microphone is set to the correct input source.