About Powerbeats and Powerbeats Pro water and sweat resistance
Learn about water and sweat resistance on your Powerbeats and Powerbeats Pro and what to do if your earbuds or Powerbeats Pro case get wet.
Are my Powerbeats and Powerbeats Pro waterproof?
Your Powerbeats and Powerbeats Pro earbuds are sweat and water resistant*, but not sweatproof or waterproof. If your Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro earbuds come into contact with liquid, including sweat from a workout, wipe them down with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
The Powerbeats Pro charging case is not waterproof, sweatproof, sweat resistant or water resistant, so be careful not to get moisture in any openings. Before you place your Powerbeats Pro earbuds in the charging case, make sure that your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and charging case are both clean, dry and free of dust.
Sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear.
Here's how to prevent damage to your Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro due to contact with liquid:
- Don't swim or bathe with Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro.
- Don't expose Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro to pressurised water or high-velocity water, such as when showering, waterskiing, wakeboarding, surfing or jet-skiing.
- Don't use Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro in a sauna or steam room.
- Don't intentionally submerge Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro in water.
- Don't operate Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro in extremely humid conditions.
- Don't drop Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro or subject them to other impacts.
- Don't disassemble Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro.
*Powerbeats and Powerbeats Pro have a water resistance rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529. The Powerbeats Pro charging case is not water resistant.
What should I do if my Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro get wet?
If your Powerbeats earbuds have been exposed to liquid, don't charge your Powerbeats until the earbuds are completely dry. Charging when wet may damage your Powerbeats earbuds.
If your Powerbeats Pro earbuds or charging case have been exposed to liquid, don't charge your Powerbeats Pro until both the earbuds and the case are completely dry. Charging when wet may damage your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and case.
Don't expose your Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or any liquids – for example, salt water, soapy water, pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotion, sun cream, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye and solvents. If your Powerbeats or Powerbeats Pro come into contact with any of these substances, here's how to clean them.