Set up and use your Powerbeats Pro with an iPhone, Mac or other device
Learn how to pair your Powerbeats Pro with your devices, how to adjust the fit and how to control the audio.
Pair your Powerbeats Pro
Pair with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Make sure that you’ve turned on Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Place the Powerbeats Pro earbuds in the case.
- With the lid open, hold the Powerbeats Pro within 5cm (2 inches) of your unlocked iOS device.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your iOS device. If you can’t see any instructions, follow the steps to connect to another device.
Pair with a Mac, Android device or other device
- Make sure that you’ve turned on Bluetooth on your Mac, Android device or other device.
- Place the Powerbeats Pro earbuds in the case. Leave the case lid open.
- Press and hold the system button until the LED flashes.
- Open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac, Android device or other device. For example, on your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- In the list of discovered Bluetooth devices, tap or click your earphones.
Switch from one device to another
Your Powerbeats Pro automatically reconnect to the last device you used them with. Here’s how to switch between devices:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your device. For example, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap or click on your earphones in the list of discovered devices.*
*Your Powerbeats Pro automatically pair with your other devices that are signed in to iCloud and using iOS 11 or later, macOS Sierra or later, or watchOS 3 or later. If you can’t see your Powerbeats Pro in the list, you might need to pair your Powerbeats Pro with your device.
If you can’t connect to your device, learn what to do.
Adjust the fit of your Powerbeats Pro
The ear hooks on your Powerbeats Pro are adjustable. To create a more secure fit, hold the stem and push the ear hook down.
You can also change the ear tips to improve the comfort, stability and sound quality of your Powerbeats Pro. Learn more about Beats ear tips.
Use your Powerbeats Pro
When you take your Powerbeats Pro out of the case, they’re on and ready to use. When you put them in your ears, your Powerbeats Pro automatically plays the audio from your device. If you take one earbud out, audio pauses. When you take them both out, audio stops.
Control the volume
To control the playback volume or call volume, use the volume buttons located on each earbud. When you change the volume on one earbud, the volume also changes on the other earbud.
Control what’s playing
You can use either of the Beats logo buttons (which are located on each earbud) to control your music. Here are some things you can do:
- To pause or play audio, press the Beats logo button once.
- To skip to the next track, press the Beats logo button twice.
- To listen to the previous track, press the Beats logo button three times.
Answer phone calls
You can also use either of the Beats logo buttons to answer calls. Here are some things you can do:
- To answer or end a call, press the Beats logo button once.
- To answer a second incoming call and put the first call on hold, press once. When two calls are active, press once to switch between calls.
- To decline an incoming call, press and hold the Beats logo button for 1 second.
To activate Siri, you can say, "Hey Siri". Or you can press and hold the Beats logo button on one earbud until you hear a chime. Then say what you need. Learn what to do if Siri isn’t working.
Siri features might vary by country or region.
To activate the voice assistance feature for other devices, you can press and hold the Beats logo button.