Use Beats Updater to keep your Beats wireless headphones, earphones, and speakers up to date with the latest firmware.
Install Beats Updater
If you meet the following system requirements, download Beats Updater, then double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Pill 2.0, Beats Pill+, Powerbeats2 Wireless, Studio Wireless, Solo2 Wireless
- A recent version of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 or later; or Windows 7 or later
Plug into USB port
Plug your Beats product directly into the USB port of your computer using the appropriate cable:
- Beats Pill+, Lightning to USB cable
- Other Beats products: micro-USB to USB cable that supports data transfer
Check for firmware updates
Click the Beats status icon in your menu bar, then click the name of your product to go to the Beats Updater website.
If a firmware update is available, and your battery is at least 20% charged, you'll see an Update button in your browser window.
Update your firmware
Click Update, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If Beats Updater doesn't see your device or complete the update
- Make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to your computer and Beats product.
- Use another USB port on your computer. Don't use a USB hub.
- Turn off your Beats product, then turn it back on.
- Reset your Beats product.